The MRC have published the draft regulations for 2012. They will remain draft until authorised by the MSA.
The Club is in the middle of a period of deliberate rule stability, which started two years ago when it became clear that overall economic conditions were going to be challenging. There are therefore few changes to the Regulations for 2012; with the most important being as follows:
- Mono 1400 and Mono 1000 classes will be merged, becoming “MotoMono”. No changes to cars currently eligible for either of the merged classes are required.
- Chassis eligibility dates for Mono 1800, 1600, MotoMono will be moved forward a year, as is usual. There is no change to eligibility dates for Mono 2000 and Mono Classic 2000.
- A “Mono Heritage” Class will be introduced. This is for cars complying with previous Monoposto (Class “A”) regulations, that are otherwise ineligible. Entries will be by invitationonly, at selected Championship rounds (see the Provisional Calendar). Log books will be issued to eligible invited cars.
- In Mono Classic 2000 a specific engine eligibility category will be introduced for Zetec 1800 engines compatible in specification to those used in Formula 4.
- In Mono 1600 the regulations will clarify the eligibility of certain Boxer-type engines