St Cross Electronics Mono Championship
16/17 August 2014 / Silverstone GP
This is a flagship event for the Club; and we have a huge, very high quality entry. It is also a large, busy and complex meeting.
READ THE FOLLOWING POINTS CAREFULY!
Event documents are attached:
- Silverstone GP Entry List #4
- Timetable Issue ONE
- Final_Instructions_Issue ONE
- Paddock_Plan_Issue ONE
- Supplementary Regulations Issue ONE
- The entry is full, with reserves waiting for places. If you need to withdraw your entry contact me ASAP
- The Provisional Entry List shows the most recent status for Reserves. We will continue to update reserves with any changes to their status prior to the event
- Check your entry details and contact me if you have any corrections or queries
- As usual please co-operate with the Park Up Team and other competitors to get everyone set up conveniently and tidily. Do not take up Monoposto paddock area with non-working vehicles or trailers; there is plenty of parking space to accommodate these nearby.
- MSVR passes will be posted to those that do not already have them. If you do not have passes by Saturday 9 August then please contact me.
- This event follows an unusual format for a Monoposto Championship event
- All classes are combined in a single grid for all track sessions
- There is one 25 minute qualifying session and two 20 minute races
- Rolling starts will be used
- Study the Paddock Plan to ensure you know how to get to the Assembly Area. The entrance to the Assembly Area will be marshalled to help competitors enter in order.
- With the help of the Scrutineering team, we have arranged for scrutineering to be done in-situ. The Scrutineers have a lot of cars to process in a short time and it is essential that everyone co-operates to make this possible:
- Sign on at the correct time and keep your Sign On ticket with the car
- Ensure you or a representative is with your car at the start of scrutineering time which is 9.00; to remove bodywork, demonstrate lights and cut outs etc.
- Leave all your drivers equipment with the car at the start of Scrutineering time. Do not take your overalls to the Drivers Briefing.
- Take all your kit out of its bags before the Scrutineers arrive.
- St Cross Electronics Mono Championship Regulation 5.13.3 will not apply at this event.
- The Monoposto Drivers Briefing will be held in the Monoposto Paddock at 10.15. Attendance at the Briefing is compulsory for all drivers.
- Drive safely; with care, consideration and respect for your fellow competitors;
- Because the Monoposto races are multi-class there will be speed differentials between cars on the track. The field is very large and you are likely to encounter other drivers and cars that you have not previously shared a track with. It is essential that all drivers take care when overtaking or lapping slower cars, and all drivers must keep a constant watch in their mirrors for faster cars coming up behind.
- Particularly in poor visibility and wet weather, all drivers must remember that there may be much slower cars ahead of them, or much faster cars behind them: concealed in the spray. If you are closing on a slower car in heavy spray remember that it is very unlikely that he can see you in his mirrors!
- At all times respect other drivers and ensure that they have the track space that they need to be safe.
- Silverstone GP is a long, fast circuit which puts a lot of strain on the car. Make sure you have enough fuel in your car – the track sessions are longer than usual! An extra spanner-check on vital components and fluid lines may save your day, and avoid spoiling a track session for many others.
- If you have mechanical problems while on track:
- Get the car into the pits or off the track at a safe stopping point as soon as possible. Do not continue to stagger round, possibly dropping fluid, and acting as a moving chicane.
- Leave the car with steering wheel correctly attached, drive in neutral, and the electrics isolated
- You may think these are obvious actions to take, but we have had big-grid races delayed, shortened, and even red flagged at this venue because drivers have not followed these simple guidelines. Any track time that’s lost cannot be recovered and directly affects more than 50 other drivers!
- Awards Presentations will held be at the Monoposto Club Hub as soon as possible after each day’s race.
I will be at the circuit from Friday mid-pm. I can be contacted on 07770 368 648.
Hopefully the weather will be kinder to us than it has often been so far this season, and we can all enjoy competing on one of the best Grand Prix circuits in the world!
Monoposto Racing Club
Administrator & Championship Co-ordinator
1 The Applegarth
Tel/Fax: 01327 843056
Mon: 07770 368648