The Covid-19 Coronavirus has had an effect on everyones lives and businesses since early 2020. Motorsport was curtailed and the season didn't start until July in 2020. Three Monoposto meetings were cancelled and the revised calender saw a partial merging of Monoposto Championship and Tiedeman Trophy meetings.
It is likely that restrictions will still be in place when the 2021 season begins and we will keep this page updated as we find out what these restrictions will be.
Some changes will be out of Monoposto's control - those measures invoked by Motorsport UK and the hosting circuit / organising club.
Please work with our Paddock Team in order to make the meetings run as smoothly as possible.
This page will be updated as advice from Government, Motorsport UK and organising clubs/venues change.
The following is what to expect from an MSVR hosted event.
Anyone who is showing symptoms of Covid-19 should not travel to a race meeting.
- NEW GUIDELINES FROM 14/09/2020:
There is now the requirement for all participants (including helpers) to wear a face mask in all areas of the venue at almost all times with few exceptions, and CoC's and Covid-19 officers have enhanced powers to intervene and penalise.
Motorsport UK have issued a document HERE
- Pass numbers will initially be limited to assist with social distancing requirements and are for competitors and their essential helpers only, not for guests and sponsors.
- The paddock(s) will be closed to non-essential personnel at all MSVR events in July
- Garage doors should remain open front and back when the garage is occupied
- Other restrictions may apply at individual venues and must be complied with
- ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATIONS FOR TEAMS
• Teams must consider bringing the minimum number of people required to an event
• Teams are recommended to bring their own first aid kit, etc. to minimise the need to use the circuit medical resources
• Teams should bring adequate PPE for all personnel and retain a record of those attending the event
SIGNING-ON / SCRUITINEERING
- SIGNING ON
- All signing on for the event will now take place online, ahead of the event
- The link will be available under the event information on the calendar page of the MSVR website
- The signing-on process includes your scrutineering declaration and part of your briefing (see below)
- As part of the signing-on process you will submit your car and safety equipment information, self declaring your compliance with Motorsport UK regulations
- This information will be passed to the Chief Scrutineer ahead of the weekend, and the scrutineers of the meeting will have the power to perform spot checks throughout the event, to ensure compliance with all relevant regulations
- Please remember that the standard Motorsport UK penalties continue to apply for non-compliance
- COMPETITOR BRIEFINGS
- As part of the signing-on process you will go through a preliminary safety briefing. You MUST go through this from start to finish to complete the signing-on process
- You may receive additional briefing notes via your coordinator or the Clerk of the Course. Please ensure you are also familiar with these before your first session on circuit
The reduction in numbers of marshalls per post may result in earlier deployment of either safety cars or red flags.
If are having to stop with mechanical problems, consider where may be the most appropriate stopping position is to ensure that racing can resume as soon as possible. At Silverstone GP each dry lap behind the safety car is up to 1 1/2 minutes slower than at normal racing speeds with a bigger disparity in the wet conditions unless its a monsoon.
- The club hub service will be different to our usual self-service facility because of Covid-19 and there may be some interruption in availability as a result.
Please come to the hub, maintaining the now familiar social distancing, and Emma Cliffe will be available at periods throughout the day to prepare your drinks for you.
There may be occasions where Emma is needed elsewhere for her other duties - if this is the case, please don’t help yourself to anything and come back a short time later when Emma has returned.
Emma will be taking full Covid-19 precautions with sanitisation of hands and surfaces.
AWARDS & PRESENTATIONS
- Unfortunately there will be no podium ceremonies. This will be regularly reviewed.
- There will be no printed results/grid sheets. Timing details can be found at TSL-TIming's website and/or MSVR website. TSL will still hire out transponders but this has to be arranged in advance of the meeting.
- Trophies can be collected from outside the AViT awning.
- Overnight stays from Thursday (for Friday testing) and Friday (for race weekend) are permitted.
- Restaurant, showers and toilet facilities may vary per venue.
- The Medical Centre is not a treatment place for people with symptoms of Covid-19. If someone in your team is feeling unwell, notify Monoposto paddock team and MSVR and remove them from the circuit.